Sunday, March 2, 2014

Flashback: Anyone Remember The Mutant League Football Game?

What's up folks?  I decided to add an extra topic to the blog which is "Sports Video Games"  I know, I know, the Madden series is probably considered the best sports video game brand of all time.  When ever they release a new one, it's an event.  It's important to remember that those games at one point were on consoles like the Sega Genesis and had humble beginnings.  When I say humble, I mean they didn't have an exclusive NFL contract or whatever it is they have now.  The same company that does the Madden games had another football game.  It was called Mutant League Football.  Are there any readers that remember it?  I don't know where it took place, but the sports teams in the Mutant League games had a roster full of monsters and violent plays.  Some plays would involve a rigged football that exploded during a fake fumble.  Other plays involved  tackles that would dismember players if my memory serves correct.  Basically it felt like whoever played the dirtiest and was more tricky won.

Anyways if anyone out there has access to a Sega Genesis and likes football, look it up and see what I am talking about.  I wonder if the game has aged well.  I'll have to check out some videos on youtube or something to dig up the nostalgia.  I think the Mutant League games had one other sport video game title to it's name, but I'll leave that one for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment