Monday, March 24, 2014

Amir Khan Is Officially Fighting Luis Collazo On The Mayweather vs. Maidana Undercard!

I don't like to brag, but if you look back at a post I did on who Amir Khan was going to fight next,  you would see that Luis Collazo was at the top of the list of my likely candidates.  Now its official.  When you think about it, it makes sense.  Luis recently dismantled Victor Ortiz in 2 rounds.  This put him all over the boxing world's radar again.  He hasn't really been making a name for himself ever since the Ricky Hatton loss in my eyes.  This is his big second shot.  How will he fair?  I'll break it down for you from my perspective as a boxing fan.

Luis has a punchers chance.  I believe he can probably hit hard enough to hurt, knockdown or possibly even knock out Amir Khan.  I think if he(Collazo) wins, you are more likely to see a repeat of the Garcia vs Khan fight that happened awhile ago.  You also have to throw in the underdog factor.  There's no doubt about it, Collazo is a huge underdog.

Who do I want to win?  Well, I love underdogs, but I am going to have to go with Amir.   Amir Khan's an exciting fighter and I would much rather see him fight Adrien Broner or Floyd Mayweather, which is what this match up here will probably lead to.  I just don't think Collazo vs. Mayweather would be interesting, although him fighting Broner is another story.  If Khan wins, I believe he will out speed Collazo and beat him to the punch every time and win on points.  I don't see him getting a knock out, maybe a stoppage by the ref though.  Amir just has to watch that chin of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment