Monday, December 3, 2012

Boxing: Will Ricky Hatton Come Out Of Retirement Again?

Ok, so Ricky Hatton lost.  Senchenko drilled him with a body shot and he couldn't get up.  You have to remember that this guy was out of the game for 3 years.  He comes back and fights an active fighter that was a world champion just before this and who only has one loss.  Did Ricky do bad?  Not in my opinion.  I was actually surprised at how well he did.  He controlled the fight for the majority of it.  He didn't even take a tune up fight.  I hope he takes the time to sit and think about another fight with Paulie Malignaggi.  He may have made his decision to retire again based off emotion.  Hatton was quite upset at the manner in which he lost and felt as though he let the fans down.  I wouldn't mind seeing a Hatton vs Judah bout.  Zab is no tune up though.

While as of now Ricky Hatton is still officially retired, I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back one more time to take on Paulie.  I think he should've taken at least 2 prep fights before jumping in with someone like Senchenko.

No comments:

Post a Comment