Sunday, December 16, 2012

Boxing: Amir Khan Dismantles Carlos Molina

Having seen the latest Amir Khan fight, I will say he did pick up some new things from his new trainer, Virgil Hunter.  I don't think Carlos Molina was a true test for Khan and it doesn't really wow me to see him win this fight.  Molina still took advantage of some mistakes that Khan was making that he's made from past fights.  The thing is, if this were another opponent that was a true name fighter, Khan might've been in some trouble.  Molina didn't have the power to affect Amir Khan where others might have.  While he emphasized patience and not going to wars in a whole bunch of interviews as of late, Khan still engaged in some exchanges that I believe would've hurt or even floored him if he were fighting someone else.

Virgil Hunter seemed to have Khan throw combinations and then back off quite a bit.  That was one thing I saw Khan doing alot in this fight.  That could help him significantly if he keeps composed for future fights.  Can I see him beating Danny Garcia?  Yes I can.  Can I see Garcia knocking him out again?  Yes I certainly can.  It all depends on weather or not Khan makes certain mistakes at certain times.  Garcia has the power to hurt Khan where as Molina did not.  Amir is an exciting fighter though, hopefully he can get some name fighters for his next few bouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment